Co-Hosts Leah Lemm (Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe) and Antony Stately Ph.D. (Ojibwe/Oneida) explore how Indian Country in MN is responding and adapting to the current pandemic health crisis.
Leah and Antony discuss booster shots, third shots, and why it’s important for some people to get it. We also talk about vaccine acceptance and rates in Indian Country. And we look ahead to what’s happening with the COVID vaccine for our young ones.
Reporter Dalton Walker shares his conversation with Melissa Wentz Opsahl, a pharmacist and vaccine consultant, who has worked at Indian Health Services for many years.
Dr. Antony Stately is the CEO of the Native American Community Clinic.
Listen to past COVID-19 Community Conversations
- Bivalent Basics: All About the Updated COVID BoosterOn today’s show, Antony and Leah are joined by Laz Carreon RN, from the Indian Health Board of Minneapolis, for a discussion about the new COVID booster, which is a bivalent booster. Laz helps understand what “bivalent” means and other things to know to make an informed decision about getting boosted.
- Back to School Decision-Making and Preparing For A COVID InfectionOn today’s show, Antony and Leah are joined by Dr. Angela Erdrich and Laz Carreon RN, from the Indian Health Board of Minneapolis, for a discussion about COVID as our communities prepare for back-to-schoo
- Decision-Making Around Vaccines & Boosters for Young Children & BabiesOn today’s show, Leah and Antony sort through many of the questions and concerns that arise around pregnancy, vaccines, and decision-making during this stage of the pandemic.
- Pregnancy, Vaccines, and Decision-making during the COVID-19 PandemicOn today’s show, Leah and Antony sort through many of the questions and concerns that arise around pregnancy, vaccines, and decision-making during this stage of the pandemic.
- Decision-making in Daily Life Two Years into the COVID- 19 PandemicLeah and Antony are back to discuss how COVID has affected our decision-making processes now that we are two years into the pandemic. Leah and Antony reflect on the latest statistics from the World Health Organization, about the numbers of cases and deaths worldwide.