A Special COVID-19 Report from MN Native News: Decision-Making and Being a Good Relative. With hosts Leah Lemm and Dr. Antony Stately.
This program was made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and is a co-production of TPT NOW and Ampers, Diverse Radio for Minnesota’s Communities.
Subscribe to Minnesota Native News in your favorite podcast app
- COVID Has High Positivity Rate Among Native Population in MinnesotaThis week on the Minnesota Native News Health Report… tribal leaders are calling on their community to continue safe health practices as the COVID-19 positivity rate among Native people in the state remains higher than all other groups. Also, life-saving treatments for COVID19 are expanding in the state. That, and more. Recent data from the …
- Celebrating Indigenous People’s Day!Today we talk about different ways Indigenous People’s Day is being recognized and celebrated throughout Mni Sota Mkoce.
- Owamni Falling Water Festival and Indigenous People’s DayHundreds gathered along the Mississippi this past weekend for the Owamni Falling Water Festival – a celebration of indigenous Minnesota cultures. And President Biden proclaimed October 11 Indigenous Peoples Day.
- Booster Shots, Vaccination Rates, and Looking Ahead to Vaccines for Young OnesLeah and Antony discuss booster shots, third shots, and why it’s important for some people to get it. We also talk about vaccine acceptance and rates in Indian Country. And we look ahead to what’s happening with the COVID vaccine for our young ones.
- Brian Joyce’s Gift for Acting and Directing in the Twin Cities Theater SceneToday we’re talking with Brian Joyce (White Earth Nation), who has been acting and directing in the Twin Cities Theater scene for more than 40 years. Brian first appeared on stage in St. Paul at the age of four, and later earned his BA in Theatre Arts from Bethel College. Brian has been enjoying acting onstage and working behind the scenes, ever since. He also appears in some commercials and films.